1. Never move the ladder while on it.
2. Whenever possible, face the ladder and maintain three points of contact while climbing up or down.
3. Avoid overreaching (the limit is one arm length either side, without leaning the body past the side rails.)
4. Only one person should be on a ladder at a time.
5. Reposition the ladder to reach new areas. Never overreach, push, pull or “walk” the ladder while working on it.
6. Do not stand on or hang from costume racks.
7. Always report unsafe conditions or accidents to your supervisor.