1. Use the Vutek printer only if you have been trained and authorized to do so. Training should include Hazard Communications information. Read the Code of Safe Practices entitled “Hazard Communications.”
2. Make sure a ventilation hood and blower are present and in proper working order before using the Vutek printer.
3. Because of the danger of electrical shock, be sure to employ proper Lockout/Tagout procedures.
4. Keep long hair, loose clothing, ties, scarves, etc., away from the rail carriage and roller system.
5. Beware of the pinch points at the end of the carriage rails and under the capper.
6. Never open the ink line when it is feeding from the pump.
7. Avoid getting ink in your eyes.
8. Use proper lifting techniques when lifting heavy rolls onto printer.
9. Solvent fumes are potentially flammable: there is absolutely no smoking near the Vutek printer.
10. When adding ink or solvent to the printer, personal protective equipment such as gloves and safety glasses should be worn.
11. In the event of eye or skin contact with ink or solvent, or a spill, refer to the Material Safety Data Sheets for these products.